Lenovo / X61 Tablet / FAQ
From Mobile PC Wiki
|Model||X61 Tablet 7762-xxx|
|Web Site||* ThinkPad X Series Tablet US Site|
|Support Site (drivers)||Support Portal for X61 Tablet Series|
|Review||Lenovo X61 Tablet PC Review by kurttg at Tablet PC Buzz|
Add most recent urgent notices and news here (up to 3). If you have to push something off the list - move it into the general FAQs below
- Update from Windows Vista Business (supplied) to Vista Ultimate - details below
Upgrade to Vista Ultimate
My X61T was shipped with Windows Vista Business. I had since upgraded to SP1 through Windows Update. I did an in-place upgrade to Window Vista Ultimate SP1 by doing an upgrade install. After doing that I had issues with Auto Rotate, and the Touch Screen Calibration. After installing the Lenovo drivers below, Auto Rotate and the Touch Screen Calibration are working again.
- MultiTouch driver for Windows Vista 32-bit - ThinkPad X60 Tablet, X61 Tablet
This package provides the software support for the MultiTouch device. Only Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit is supported.
- Tablet Shortcut Menu for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, XP Tablet Edition 2005 - ThinkPad X41 Tablet, X60 Tablet, X61 Tablet
This package installs or updates the software tool bar that provides the short cuts to the ThinkPad utilities, the options to adjust system settings, and other useful functions. This package supports Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005.
- Battery/Lifetime Editorial
- Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software for Windows Vista - ThinkPad
This package provides ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate software for Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit and Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit.
(just interior shots if you have them)
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition Processes
Tablet PC Specific
- What is all this stuff doing on my computer Jonathan Hardwick
- Debugging SP2 on the Tablet PC - managed code, tabtip.exe, and procexp Jonathan Hardwick
- Common Tablet background programs John Land (Tablet PC Buzz)
- My Tablet PC Is Running How Many Processes? Life On the Wicked Stage: Act 2:
- Cleaning House on Your Tablet PC GoodThings2Life on the StudentTabletPC Forums
Not specific to Tablet PCs
Tools for Diagnosing & Controlling Processess
This utility, which has the most comprehensive knowledge of auto-starting locations of any startup monitor, shows you what programs are configured to run during system bootup or login, and shows you the entries in the order Windows processes them. These programs include ones in your startup folder, Run, RunOnce, and other Registry keys. You can configure Autoruns to show other locations, including Explorer shell extensions, toolbars, browser helper objects, Winlogon notifications, auto-start services, and much more. Autoruns goes way beyond the MSConfig utility bundled with Windows Me and XP.
- Process Explorer
Ever wondered which program has a particular file or directory open? Now you can find out. Process Explorer shows you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded.
The Process Explorer display consists of two sub-windows. The top window always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the names of their owning accounts, whereas the information displayed in the bottom window depends on the mode that Process Explorer is in: if it is in handle mode you'll see the handles that the process selected in the top window has opened; if Process Explorer is in DLL mode you'll see the DLLs and memory-mapped files that the process has loaded. Process Explorer also has a powerful search capability that will quickly show you which processes have particular handles opened or DLLs loaded.
Search Resource for this topic
- How to create
How To Articles
Add links here