Wireless Presentations Tablet PC/MaxiVista 2.x
From Mobile PC Wiki
Hi, I’ve tried the product MaxiVista over a university wireless network, and its connection is more stable than the VNC.
The version I tried is the Professional Edition and here’s the procedure to setup MaxiVista over the a typical wireless network:
- Install the server setup executable on the Primary PC, the server, the Tablet PC
- By running the installation wizard, it will ask for the suitable amount of virtual video cards. Since I only need to setup one secondary PC (one viewer monitor), I chose the Option 1 – one Secondary PC to be used as an Extended Display
- Once the setup program completed successfully. You will need to launch the MaxiVista All server program from the Tablet PC, and generate its dedicated Viewer Program for the Secondary PC, the viewer monitor. The Viewer Program will be saved to your desktop by default.
Configure the MaxiVista for the wireless network:
- Login both the Tablet PC and your viewer PC to the wireless network
- Run the Server Program on Tablet PC
- Run the Viewer Program on the viewer PC
- If using the Windows XP ServicePack 2 with Windows Firewall enabled, simply click “Unblock” when running both the programs.
- Now, we will need to know the IP addresses of the viewer PC to active the secondary display. You can do this by simply open the Windows Command Prompt from Start>Run… and type “cmd” in the open drop down box.
- In the Windows Command Prompt, type “ipconfig” to retrieve the IP address of the Viewer PC and You can find the IP Address that the Viewer PC is currently using.
- To configure the Viewer PC for the Server Program to connect to, click the Server Program icon Configuration Network Options click Manual Enter the IP address of the Secondary PC's desired network adapter and confirm with OK:
- In the IP Address Viewer pop-op screen, click “Manual” button to enter the IP Address for the Viewer PC.
- To active the secondary display, select “Enable Secondary Display” from the Server Program in the Tablet PC:
- Once you active the Secondary Display, a short flicker on both screens directly after activation is normal. You will need to wait until the flicker stops.
- Once the Server Program connects to the Viewer PC, you can proceed to connect the projector to the Viewer PC as usual.
A complete manual for this can be found at http://www.maxivista.com/docs2/09/manual.htm#firewall